Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blythe Sandmatting: Mimi's Make Over

Sand Matting Mimi

I sand matted Mimi yesterday! Before I adopted her, she had been spray matted, but there were some imperfections in that, and some parts of her face were still very shiny, so I decided to do something about that.

Sand Matting Mimi

Like when I sanded June, I used Coolcat's Micro Fine sandpaper, and I stuck pieces of paper in her eye sockets to protect the eyes.

Sand Matting Mimi

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Look at her pretty face!

5 comments:

60-60 said...

I haven't got the guts to do anything like that, not talking about open the head, but even sanding her face I feel like I am killing someone! I think you did a great job there! Very nice doll you have!!!

roxkitty said...

LM is one of my favourite. Your Mimi is lovely :)

Sandy said...

It looks great. I wish I had the nrve to give my blythes a make-over!

Sandy

willynillywaterlily said...

You did a wonderful job! Mimi looks so sweet and pretty!

Sam said...

Looks great! Mimi is gorgeous x)